According to Dave Lancer, the Director of Information for the PGA Tour, Bubba Watson had this year’s fastest swing speed average according to Trackman with a speed of 123.24 mph (311.4 yards per measured drive). This is 0.01 faster than last year’s highest average from J.B. Holmes.
Other interesting driving and distance stats include:
- J.B. Holmes carried the ball the farthest of the tee at an average of 298.6 yards.
- Charley Hoffman had the year’s longest drive — 467 yards on the first hole during the third round of the Valero Texas Open.
- A total of 47 400-yard drives were recorded this year. Dustin Johnson had the most — five.
- Dustin Johnson was the only player to lead the field in driving distance and win a tournament in 2008 and he was again the only player to do so in 2009 when he won the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.
- Robert Garrigus lead the Tour in driving distance at 312.0 yards per drive.
On the Nationwide Tour:
- Won Joon Lee lead the Tour with an average of 312.7 yards per drive.
- Blake Adams had the biggest single drive at 393 yards.
On the Champions Tour:
- Steve Thomas lead the way with an average of 301.5 yard per drive.
- Eduardo Romero had the longest drive at 379 yards.
If you liked the article about the fastest swing speed in 2009 and you think it would help another golfer, please
To learn more about Swing Man Golf products, click here.